I am way behind in posting my takes on the sketches. I was busy with so many things which I will blog later on. Anyways, I just stopped by to post my takes on the past sketches at SC.
Thursday, 15 September 2011
While working overtime (yes, I was working but waiting for the server to start up), I blog hopped to one of my favorite scrapper/writer --- Stephanie Howell, and found her post about blogging from the heart... I decided to take part about what's in my thoughts and what's happening lately...
- I couldn't believe how fast the days are... I am a bit worried because I spend long hours at work lately. I have so little time to follow-up on my things to do for the move. I haven't really found an international mover yet. I haven't prepared for the resale appointment. Though you'll give me a star for following up with my boss if I can stay with my current company. That's the bright light amongst the pile of to do's.
- I just want to share about this. Yesterday, I had a good prayer time. I prayed for some important things, and some important people. And, it was so funny, a breakthrough came just when I told the Lord that I am letting go. I've been worrying about it for quite some time, and now, I am ashamed of myself BUT HAPPY. Hahaha...
- Last Saturday, we watched one of my favorite cartoons, SMURFS. It made me cry... La La LALALALA La La La La...
- The girls are doing great! My Bebi A had cough and it just suddenly disappeared after 3 swimming lessons. Hmmm... Should I still believe her pedia? He told me never to bring her swimming if she has cough. Well, it's gone now. Dawter T has been eating well and we told her that her tummy's getting big. She's becoming a little lady and it is evident from all the changes her body is undergoing right now.
- On the scrappy front, I am doing a mini-album from scratch. I am very happy with the result. And, I thank my friend, E, for giving me this opportunity. Hehehe. I will be helping E on her scrapbook party and this album is the sample. I hope to incorporate techniques that would entice the guests to follow through with scrapbooking.
- My server is still not up but hopefully it'll be anytime now.
Wednesday, 7 September 2011
I was really not comfortable to hold a party without the hubby but I promised Dawter T that we would celebrate her 9th birthday with her friends from school. Well, I'm glad we did! It was so much FUN!!! Amidst all the screams and the shrills, the girls were so much fun to talk to. They're very mature 9 year olds.
I convinced the Dawter to hold a scrapbook party and a baking party and a spa party and so on... In the end, it was a scrapbooking party with lots of games. They had fun with the "pabitin with a twist"; and they ate a lot of corn dogs. Hehe!
Tuesday, 6 September 2011
The sketch was created by Nat. She's a scrapbooker that I really admire and I love her work so much.
I fell in love with the Amy Tangerine papers when I saw them at my LSS. I knew that these are the papers that I will use for this sketch.
Was very busy this weekend. Dawter T had her all-girls 9th birthday party. We taught her friends to scrapbook and I was amazed by their different interpretations. Then, on Sunday, the girls went for their swimming lessons and I got the chance to run off to my LSS and buy the new Webster's Pages collections. I bought the 4 kits (shame, shame, shame...) but I was very happy and guilty. Hehe... Hope to use them soon!
Friday, 2 September 2011
If you are like me who uses AC Thickers a lot, you'll probably have a lot of unwanted stash --- unwanted being the letters that you can't use anymore because they can't form any more words and you just don't want to mix it with other AC Thickers unless you buy the same font.
I've promised myself that I will housekeep those AC Thickers coz it's quite painful for me to keep them.
So, while thinking about a product challenge, it suddenly dawned on me, "Why not use most of them in my page?" Well, here's the finished layout. Hehe. I am mighty proud that the numerics of one of my AC Thickers are almost finished. It feels liberating.
Hope you can join me at SC!
Thursday, 1 September 2011
It took me sometime to create my take on the sketch though I probably could have done and embellish more, I love that grassy hill, the flower and the title. I was looking for a stamp that has those script that you can't decipher lol but couldn't find one at my LSS.
Though we had a long weekend due to the presidential election and Hari Raya Puasa, spent most of it working. Working on my daughters' teacher's day presents lol (which I forgot to take pictures of) coz we still crammed last night and I had a late night meeting with my colleague from the US. I love the gifts though and hopefully I can recreate them for another event.