Wednesday, 23 May 2012

My Angel

My grandmother was a woman who never asked anything in return.  She took care of me since I was a month old, straight from being confined in the hospital.  My parents don't have enough funds to keep a lactose intolerant baby in the hospital and my grandmother sure knows how to take care of a baby.

I grew up with my grandparents.  I do visit my parents and siblings though.  But, from the time I can remember, my grandmother was my "mommy".  And, until her last breathe, she was my mommy.

Losing someone who molded me to what I am now is very painful.  I was only 17 years old then.  After so many years, the pain lessened.  But, it was still there.  Whenever I teach my daughters how to cut tomatoes, how to cook rice --- I remember her because she taught me all of that --- and more.

If it weren't for my mommy, I will not be here.  I will not be the mother that I am now.  I miss her so much.

"Whenever I am sad, I think of you...  Whenever I am happy, I wish you are here to share it with me.  Time may heal wounds but it can never heal the emptiness I feel when I remember you."

She's my angel...  She's my mommy.


This is for Once Upon A Sketch's May challenge.  This is the first time I made a layout for my grandmother.  I wanted something to look at and I wanted my daughters to have a face to remember whenever I tell them about her. 

I rotated the sketch as you can see below.  *grins*

Thank you for looking!

7 comments:

phamil said...

Oh what a sweet and special page this is! I love how you flipped the design also! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at OUAS!

Jasmine S said...

Oh I love how you interpreted the sketch and your story really touched my heart. Your Mommy sounded like a very special lady. Thanks for joining in at OUAS :)

Milagros C. Rivera said...

Sookie this just touches my heart so much, what a beautiful tribute to your loving mommy! and such a good example for your daughters!

Fluffy said...

What a wonderful story and a beautiful layout Tx

Bente Fagerberg said...

Beautiful tribute to your grandmother.I am sure your girls will treasure it!
Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

Georgia Heald said...

What a beautiful and touching story and equally gorgeous page! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS =)

Trudi Harrison said...

Fabulous take on the sketch challenge - love your interpretation!