Thursday 3 June 2010

Place, Date and Time

The past few weeks, I've been critiquing my layouts. You are your best critic, right? (Hehehe) I noticed that I don't journal. So, now, if I say that I scrapbook to preserve memories. I am mistaken. I scrapbook to design. And, I want to change that.

I started scrapbooking because I like to write. I write short stories, poems when I was in grade school and high school. I was part of the school paper. Yet now that I have a chance to tell stories about my daughters' childhood, I just cut and paste papers. I don't journal in my scrap layouts.

I am going to change. This is my mid year resolution. To journal.

Even if all my layouts have all those strips of paper that I usually use to journal, I'd do it. But, I am embarking on a new journey. I am going to find ways to journal. May it be hidden, through stamping, etc. From now on, there will be a journal. There will be a story.

Even if it's just place, date and time.

2 comments:

Benga said...

so true, it's your gift! looking forward to read more of your stories!

Dress To Scrap said...

I was like you before bec i hardly put journal on my layouts. As many layouts went by, I discovered that journaling, for me, is the best part of scrapbooking because it has my thoughts and feelings. Glad that you found the importance of journaling! Miss you and the kids!